Old September 21st 16, 11:56 AM posted to uk.transport.london
tim... tim... is offline

Default Another one bites the dust

On 2016-09-21 08:24:37 +0000, d said:

LBC? Wow, Global Radio really are expanding their remit

Luton Borough Council, the owners of the airport (though they subcontract
its operation).

Not sure how a rail shuttle would work unless its a cog railway given how
much higher the airport is compared to the MML.

It will most probably be a rubber tyred people mover of some kind, like
the Gatwick or Birmingham ones.

Last time I used Luton was 2013 and it seemed pretty well managed on the
way out. On the way back was a different story however - a mile long walk
security up and down stairs from the gate, followed by no information at
baggage collection for about 15 mins followed by bags coming out in dribs
and
drabs for the next 20 mins. And this IIRC was in April, hardly peak
holiday
season.

Sounds like a particularly bad day. The walk from some gates can be a
*bit* long but it's nothing on Gatwick, nor have I ever known any airport
as slow with bags as Gatwick (or Stansted).

I first started to always try to work with carry on only after a trip on the
Manchester shuttle to LHR.

I waited 45 minutes for my bag to appear and when it did it was one a a
total of 3 that the flight had carried!

tim