Old September 21st 16, 03:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] hounslow3@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Another one bites the dust

On 21.09.16 14:26, Mizter T wrote:

On 21/09/2016 09:48, Neil Williams wrote:
[...]
Sounds like a particularly bad day. The walk from some gates can be a
*bit* long but it's nothing on Gatwick, nor have I ever known any
airport as slow with bags as Gatwick (or Stansted).

Last time I collected a hold bag at Gatwick it was quick, it wasn't a
particularly quiet time either. I think Gatwick had some particular
problems with their baggage handlers - and not having enough of them - a
while back, but that got sorted out. (Responsibility of the handling
company, and ultimately the airline, but it reflects badly on the airport.)

I find that T5 is very quick and efficient in terms of baggage
collection. I can usually be out of the airport within minutes after
disembarking; I just go through the electronic passport gates, do
downstairs and I find that my luggage is normally there.

Having said that, however, last time I was at T5 I found that the queues
to the electronic gates were longer as the luddites had caught onto them.