Old September 21st 16, 06:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london
tim... tim... is offline

Default Another one bites the dust

wrote in message ...
On Wed, 21 Sep 2016 12:56:32 +0100
"tim..." wrote:
I first started to always try to work with carry on only after a trip on
the
Manchester shuttle to LHR.

I waited 45 minutes for my bag to appear and when it did it was one a a
total of 3 that the flight had carried!

By implication that means a lot of people on that flight were actually
visiting London.

actually

going home from a trip to Manchester :-)

Going through all the airport hassle and stress to take a
flight that including transit time is probably slower than taking the
train
just seems utterly insane to me.

well yes

but I didn't expect such sloppy service from what was billed (at the time)
as a premium service - this was during the era when occasionally they would
fly concord on this route

tim