Old September 22nd 16, 09:02 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Turning London orange

In message
-sept
ember.org, at 21:37:34 on Wed, 21 Sep 2016, Recliner
remarked:
TfL's grand vision for turning London's suburban overground services into
the Overground:

http://metro.co.uk/2016/09/21/london...erent-6143328/

Interesting. If they do get all those, I wonder would some kind of
line naming or German-style route numbering make sense? A big map of
orange lines is not an awful lot more useful than what is the case now.

Yes, I think a German-style route numbering system would make sense. That's
probably already true of the existing Overground, let alone the much
expanded one envisaged.

Ditto for Thameslink - and most of the existing documentation shows it
split into the various routes already.