Old September 22nd 16, 03:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default Another one bites the dust

wrote:
On Thu, 22 Sep 2016 13:20:29 +0100
Recliner wrote:
No, it was one of the Shuttle goodies (which British Midland couldn't
offer). If they needed an extra Shuttle flight, Concorde was sometimes
the backup aircraft. For obvious reasons, this wasn't usually
advertised in advance, but I wonder if some people heard on the
grapevine. I once just missed travelling on one.

Given concordes fuel economy especially at sub sonic speeds, they must have
made a heavy loss on those short flights.

No doubt, but it helped persuade people to use the BA Shuttle. Also, fuel
was much cheaper in those days (this was around 1980-85).