Old September 23rd 16, 06:44 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Another one bites the dust

In message , at 16:05:58 on Thu, 22 Sep
2016, tim... remarked:
I first started to always try to work with carry on only after a
trip on the
Manchester shuttle to LHR.

I waited 45 minutes for my bag to appear and when it did it was one a a
total of 3 that the flight had carried!

By implication that means a lot of people on that flight were actually
visiting London.

The exact opposite. Most of the people on the flight will have been
connecting to another, with their bags checked through. That's the
main purpose of the Manchester flights.

Not really

Yes, really. BA even produced stats which proved it.

Back in the day it was definitely a point to point route.

Companies would buy carnets of tickets and you just turned up with one
at the desk 20 minutes before and walked on (well in theory, anyway).

Some companies and some people. Not a high proportion of each planeload
though.