Old September 23rd 16, 09:59 AM posted to uk.transport.london
tim... tim... is offline

Default Another one bites the dust

On 2016-09-22 15:05:58 +0000, tim... said:

I guess that this MO got killed by the need to add on an extra hour for
security clearance meaning that the time saving over the train to London
disappeared for all but a small number of final destinations.

London to Manchester flights in general have been hit very hard by the
high speed and high frequency of the WCML service - VT near enough have
the non-car market sewn up.

Well the frequency might be a bit better

but the speed hasn't improved much

ISTR it taking about 2:40 at the time, a reduction to 2:10 is hardly enough
to scoop up the market against a 30 minute flight time

No, as I said before, it's the need to arrive at the airport significantly
earlier, thus increasing total travel time buy plane that's killed it

tim