Old September 23rd 16, 01:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Is Uber Bleeding to Death?

On 2016-09-22 15:16:38 +0000, tim... said:

it is cheap and cheerful taxi service FFS, not a limousine service

It actually started out as a high-spec limousine type service - UberX,
the "cheap and cheerful" version, came later but is winning the battle.

What's wrong with a 5 year old Mondeo?

Not an awful lot - I do think they are too tight on the spec for UberX.

That said, if I get a minicab from my local companies these days it's
odds on a Prius or similar. Old, knackered Japanese saloons (which
previously seemed the default) seem to be on the out.

Certainly the majority of UberX cars in London are Prii, and many of the
larger minicab firms also have Prii as a major part of their fleet. The
drivers I've spoken to all seem to like them, they seem a pretty
reliable vehicle.

Prii / Priora / Priores etc!
https://www.cars.com/articles/2011/02/plural-of-prius-prii-not-according-to-latin-experts/