Old September 24th 16, 12:38 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Charles Ellson[_2_] Charles Ellson[_2_] is offline

Default Turning London orange

On Fri, 23 Sep 2016 18:26:07 +0100, Mizter T
wrote:

On 23/09/2016 18:24, Graeme Wall wrote:

wrote:
[...]
Is there not a plan, however, for the TfL Empire to take over the
Thameslink lime out to Brighton?

Was there not someone suggesting that TfL management could be drafted in
to try and sort out the slow-motion train wreck that is Southern/GTR?
Not something that has ever been Mayoral / TfL policy. Nor something I'd
imagine anyone in TfL would actually want to do.

ISTR something about MK-West Croydon being in the firing line for a
TfL takeover. The anomolous bit for that would be WFJ-MK. OTOH some SN
short services from Shepherds Bush to Clapham Junction have already
effectively been taken over by LO during the dispute :-
http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/trai...09/23/advanced
appearing to be the partial substitute for :-
http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/trai...09/23/advanced

Given the situation at Southern/GTR is a fight between a reactionary
union and a reactionary DfT I can't see TfL wanting to touch it with a
proverbial barge pole.

Quite! It's toxic, stay well away!