Old May 18th 04, 04:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london
TheOneKEA TheOneKEA is offline

Default Those "Pre Pay users" Oyster validators

Annabel Smyth wrote:
On Mon, 17 May 2004 at 12:14:56, TheOneKEA wrote:

k wrote:

Personally, if I'm using a
Travelcard I just touch in and out anyway as it avoids unresolved
journeys.

What are the implications of "unresolved journeys"?

Your PrePay account will become negative and the gates will not let you
in until the PrePay account on the Oyster is zero or positive.

But why does this affect a Travelcard? I don't *have* any PrePay on my
card?

It only affects you if you go beyond the zonal configuration of your
Travelcard, and thus incur an extension charge.

Paul Corfield posted elsewhere in the thread and explained it far better
than me.

Brad