Old September 24th 16, 10:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Clive D.W. Feather Clive D.W. Feather is offline

Default Another one bites the dust

On 21/09/2016 09:48, Neil Williams wrote:
Sounds like a particularly bad day. The walk from some gates can be a
*bit* long but it's nothing on Gatwick, nor have I ever known any
airport as slow with bags as Gatwick (or Stansted).

Madrid.

Actually, Heathrow on the return (on Monday) was just as bad. After
waiting at the carousel for over half an hour they announced that the
plane door had jammed and bags were only starting to come off. That was
a lie, since I'd seen lots of bags with my flight number already.

After another 20 minutes, they announced that a container had been lost
and only just found. How do you lose a baggage container?

Result: wheels down to groundside was 1h40, wheels up to wheels down had
been about 2h10.