Old September 24th 16, 10:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Clive D.W. Feather Clive D.W. Feather is offline

Default Another one bites the dust

On 22/09/2016 09:30, d wrote:
On Wed, 21 Sep 2016 19:06:59 +0100
"tim..." wrote:
as a premium service - this was during the era when occasionally they would
fly concord on this route

Eh?? Was the concord maintenance base in manchester or something?

The Shuttle services were advertised as "turn up by X minutes before
departure and you *will* get a seat". Even if they had to fly an extra
plane for the last passenger. And if a Concorde was the only thing spare
at that moment, a Concorde is what got used.

The standard planes for the route seated 100. If passenger 101 turned up
just before the deadline, they would be offered a serious bribe to wait
an hour for the next flight. I was really annoyed to be passenger 100
the one time I used Shuttle (and wasn't in a hurry).