Old September 26th 16, 08:07 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Another one bites the dust

In message , at 23:14:46 on Sun, 25 Sep
2016, Clive D.W. Feather remarked:
Actually, Heathrow on the return (on Monday) was just as bad. After
waiting at the carousel for over half an hour they announced that the
plane door had jammed and bags were only starting to come off. That was
a lie, since I'd seen lots of bags with my flight number already.

It might have been true: there are both forward and aft baggage holds. It's
perfectly possible that one might have had a jammed door. Indeed, it's much
more likely that one, rather than both, might have a problem.

Then "some bags have been delayed as a result" would have been the
truth. "The bags are only starting to come off" was a lie.

Alternatively "the bags for you people stood there waiting, are only
starting to come of". The people whose bags weren't stuck behind the
door were miles away by then, and therefore the announcement wouldn't
have been directed at them.