Old September 26th 16, 03:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default Heathrow Hub looking like the winner

wrote:
On Mon, 26 Sep 2016 15:36:27 +0100
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 14:29:18 on Mon, 26 Sep
2016, d remarked:
I know, but its all still controlled by NATS. From watching the Skies Over
Britain programme on the BBC recently its obvious they're already close to
their limit. I can't so how even more aircraft will help. And thats before
we get onto people - like me - who live under airport flightpaths who are
sick of the constant drone of airliners overhead.

Did you move there before the airport opened?

If not, that wasn't a very good selection of property, was it?

ITYF most of London is affected by the noise from aircraft in a stack or
on takeoff/approach to heathrow.

Thus you are not affected by the ones at 30,000ft. Next contestant
please!

I didn't say I was directly affected, though seeing a natural blue sky over my
house just occasionally would be nice. But the point was about more airport
capacity in the SE which means more takeoffs and landings.

I suspect Brexit will be given as one of the reasons for expanding
Heathrow, on the basis that we need more longhaul trading links to
partially replace some potentially lost EU trade. Heathrow is seen as the
preferred choice for wide-body, longhaul flights, Gatwick for shorthaul
narrow-body flights.