Old September 26th 16, 06:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london
tim... tim... is offline

Default Heathrow Hub looking like the winner

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
In message , at 13:41:37 on Mon, 26 Sep 2016,
d remarked:

The airspace in the SE is already some of the most congested in the
world.
When was the last there was a blue sky over london on a clear day? We
don't
need or want any more air traffic. Too bad if people can't take a flight
with
24 hours notice.

You need just as much capacity for people booking flights months in
advance.

Not necessarily. People who can't find a last minute flight to go on a w/e
break probably won't rebook for a few months ahead, they'll either not
bother
or just go somewhere else using another method of transport.

I don't know anyone who flies for leisure at the last minute, especially
on low-cost airlines - because those fares are the very highest.

One of the pax who shared the shuttle bus with me from PRG two months ago
shared the info that he had booked at some random hotel via Hotwire [1].

I surmised that he had booked at the last minute and asked what fare he had
paid and it wasn't that much different to the one that I had paid booked on
two months notice.

I note that I can book same for tomorrow for 33 quid returning a week later
for 41. (plus luggage etc etc)

tim