Old September 27th 16, 08:35 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] spud@potato.field is offline

Default Heathrow Hub looking like the winner

On Mon, 26 Sep 2016 19:36:01 +0300
Clank wrote:
wrote:
The airspace in the SE is already some of the most congested in the world.
When was the last there was a blue sky over london on a clear day? We don't
need or want any more air traffic. Too bad if people can't take a flight with
24 hours notice. Instant gratification is something children expect, not

adults.

If having the whole of Europe available to me at (less than) 24 hours
notice makes me a child - **** it, I'm loving my childhood. My mother (in
her 70s) bought a globe recently so she can stick a pin in all the places I
WhatsApp her from that she couldn't even conceive of visiting in her
lifetime. I have absolutely no guilt about this - my generation has the
opportunity to embrace the world and our lives are immeasurably improved
for it, and if it upsets a few nimbies who object to seeing a contrail, so
be it.

You sound like a cheap voiceover for a holiday company. How exactly is your
life "immeasurably improved" by being able to go anywhere with 24 hours
notice? Give us some details. Something concrete, not "Oh , I just love
watching the sunrises over blah blah blah".

Alas, the next generation in Britain will have had many of those
opportunities taken away from them by Brexit.

What opportunities? Britains visit and work in loads of countries around the
world that are not part of the EU. Why will the EU suddenly be off limits after
Brexit?

Also future generations will hardly thank us for ****ing up the climate. I'm
not speaking as some ranting hippy, I travel for pleasure too. But the idea
of moderation and waiting for something seems to have gone out the window.
People expect instant gratification and sod the costs, they're someone elses
problem. Right?

I'm glad I emigrated when I

I'm fairly glad you did with the ******** you spout.

did - ration cards and hiding from the rest of the world never seemed that
bucolic to me, but whatever floats your boat...

Oh dear, poor little confused ex-pat. Better go have some more sangria eh?

--
Spud