Old September 27th 16, 01:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] spud@potato.field is offline

Default Heathrow Hub looking like the winner

On Tue, 27 Sep 2016 12:51:54 +0100
wrote:
Back to aviation there was an elderly couple in the Midlands on some
programme the other day , they had bought their house under the
flightpath to East Midlands knowing that it was a regional airport
but never anticipated it becoming to become a major freight Hub with
flights well into the early hours of the morning.

It always amazes me how aviation almost always seems to get a free pass when
it comes to noise pollution. Sure, they may move flight paths occasionally
to **** off another town or village but ultimately its still the same ****. If
a B road was then to a motorway or a branch line which was upgraded to a main
line with an express train once every minute, no one would be at all surprised
if locals complained. Yet if an airport suddenly decides it wants to almost
double the number of flights going in and out to create value for shareholders,
sorry , I mean "for the good of the nation", local residents are just supposed
to put a sock in it and get on with it. Talk about double standards.

Its about time aviation fuel was taxed so airlines had to start operating in
the real world. If some go bust tough ****. Free market and all that.

--
Spud