Old September 28th 16, 06:12 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Sadiq Khan to review Tube ticket office closures

In message , at
22:21:59 on Tue, 27 Sep 2016, Offramp remarked:

Khan is reviewing the decision to close every ticket office on the Tube.

I would regard it as a mistake to close ticket offices at some major
stations with special requirements, like Heathrow.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/mayor...-a3338791.html

The TfL home page says nothing about this. I think that the management
would be devastated if the decision were reversed.

Also, the Tube management has done an extraordinary "damned memory" job
on the old ticket offices; in most stations it is impossible to tell that
a ticket office was ever there, it's just perfect tiling.

At a lot of the busier stations the wall-space has been used for more
ticket machines.