Old May 18th 04, 08:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Kat Kat is offline

Default Those "Pre Pay users" Oyster validators

In message , Annabel Smyth
writes
On Tue, 18 May 2004 at 16:57:17, TheOneKEA wrote:

I asked:

But why does this affect a Travelcard? I don't *have* any PrePay on
my
card?

It only affects you if you go beyond the zonal configuration of your
Travelcard, and thus incur an extension charge.

Paul Corfield posted elsewhere in the thread and explained it far better
than me.

Indeed; and were I to wish to go beyond the limit of my Travelcard, I'd
put some PrePay on my Oyster (and touch in/out, where valid) to enable
me to do so. As I don't, I am not sure why PrePay comes into it at all.

Simply because many people are not as conversant with the zones as you
and often travel outside those on their T/Cs without knowing it... or so
they tell me.
--
Kat Me, Ambivalent? Well, yes and no.