Old September 28th 16, 03:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] hounslow3@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Bakerloo train replacements

On 2016-09-28 14:08:05 +0000, d said:

Wonder if TfL are going for the oldest metro trains in regular public
service
in europe, or maybe even the world record?

The old Hamburg 471/871 units lasted for around 65-70 years before
finally being decommissioned, so they've a way to go.

Neil

I know that Buenos Aires had that honour until a few years ago, when
they finally decommissioned their Belgian rolling stock, though I don't
know who has that honour at this time.

My guess is that Bakerloo is in the running with the 72ts, though I know
that some old Soviet equipment built in the late 60s/early 70s is still
running around the Budapest and Kiev. (That technology is much older,
though apparently those trains are very reliable.)