Old September 28th 16, 04:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Clank Clank is offline

Default Another one bites the dust

On 2016-09-28 13:56:19 +0000, Mizter T said:

The new regular security area is larger and has more lanes than the old
one did, though I'm aware I likely got lucky when I passed through so
very quickly. One very obvious point, which applies everywhere not just
at STN, is to make sure one keeps one's eyes open and don't just follow
the crowd, as inevitably many people bunch up at the nearest security
lanes and don't move along to the less busy ones.

Certainly. Indeed, LHR T2 and T5 encourage this with big electronic
signs showing the best one to go to. It also worked at Schiphol
passport control, though I haven't been there since the layout was
changed to perimeter rather than gate security.

I was there a couple of months ago, the security at the non-Schengen
terminal/bit (I forget the name - at the end near the railway platforms
rather than the 'main' terminal I'm more familiar with) was as big a farce
as Stansted could organise & nearly had me missing my flight. This
surprised me as Schipol used to be a decent airport - so I'd say maybe the
changes (I didn't know they were making them) are not going so well.

Munich remains far and away the best European airport to my mind.
(Although even there if you arrive at one terminal and are bussed to the
other one the transit security can be a bloody mess, but that's only
happened once in about 25 flights this year so I forgive them.)