Old May 18th 04, 11:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Cordiner Tom Cordiner is offline

Default How to Tube to this address?

"CMOT TMPV" wrote in message
et...
Forbidden Planet
179 Shaftesbury Avenue
London
WC2H 8JR

I'll be coming to the UK again in June/July and my favourite bookstore has
moved to the above address. Where online can I type a London address and
find the nearest Tube stop? And more importantly when I get to the nearest
tube stop, how do I get directions to walk there?

You can put postal codes (and street addresses) into
http://www.streetmap.co.uk

The store is at the eastern end of Shaftesbury Avenue. I would use Leicester
Square tube station. Piccadilly Circus, Covent Garden and Tottenham Court
Road (offering a couple of different lines) are close enough for an easy
walk though, depending from where in London you might be coming and how much
you like walking

Enjoy your trip!

HTH,

Tom