Old September 29th 16, 08:43 AM posted to uk.transport.london
tim... tim... is offline

Default Another one bites the dust

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
In message , at 14:28:34 on Wed, 28 Sep 2016,
tim... remarked:

What, so the clearly branded ticket machines dotted around the terminal,

nope, didn't see them. And if you haven't pre-advertised that they are
there, why would I?

Just normal observational skills.

Why would I (anyone) walk into an airport lounge looking for something that
they didn't know existed?

As someone who had checked in online with only carry on, I would look for
the signs to "departures" and follow them. Why would I notice anything
else?

But perhaps you don't see(sic) why those skills are perhaps something you
lack.

I don't see the need to walk around random places with the observation of a
police detective, on the off chance that I should witness a crime perhaps,
and I am amazed that you do. What's the point? If there's a fire alarm
I'll look for signs to the escape route then, that why they are lit up!

In any case there have been hundreds of academic exercises to see what
people do take in from random locations and the results show that what they
register is uniformly poor. As you seem to think differently perhaps you
should offer the industry the benefit of your obviously superior intellect
so that they can get it right next time.

Saying that evidence that a particular marketing method doesn't work is the
fault of the consumer's intelligence is shooting the messenger and can only
ever fail as a scientific technique.

tim