Old May 18th 04, 11:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default How to Tube to this address?

CMOT TMPV wrote:
Forbidden Planet
179 Shaftesbury Avenue
London
WC2H 8JR

I'll be coming to the UK again in June/July and my favourite
bookstore has moved to the above address. Where online can I type a
London address and find the nearest Tube stop?

The nearest stations are Covent Garden and Tottenham Court Road.

You can use the Transport for London (TfL) Journey Planner at
http://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk to find the best way of getting there
from where you are staying. You can enter either the postcode "WC2H
8JR" or the address "179 Shaftesbury Avenue".

And more importantly when I get to the nearest tube stop,
how do I get directions to walk there?

The TfL Journey Planner can display a detailed map showing how to walk
from the Tube station to the shop. Alternatively, you can go to
www.streetmap.co.uk, enter the postcode WC2H 8JR, and it will display a
street map with the location arrowed, and tube stations marked with the
Tube logo.

HTH

--
Richard J.