Old September 29th 16, 02:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default Bakerloo train replacements

On 2016-09-28 14:08:05 +0000,
d said:
Wonder if TfL are going for the oldest metro trains in regular public
service in europe, or maybe even the world record?
The old Hamburg 471/871 units lasted for around 65-70 years before
finally being decommissioned, so they've a way to go.

I know that Buenos Aires had that honour until a few years ago, when
they finally decommissioned their Belgian rolling stock, though I don't
know who has that honour at this time.

How about the Manx Electric Railway and the Blackpool trams?

If you're going to include trams, there's plenty of ancient trams in
regular service around the world, particularly central Europe. Simple trams
seem to last longer than metro trains.