Old September 30th 16, 04:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Sadiq Khan to review Tube ticket office closures

In article ,
(Paul Corfield) wrote:

On Tue, 27 Sep 2016 22:21:59 -0700 (PDT), Offramp
wrote:

Khan is reviewing the decision to close every ticket office on the Tube.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/mayor...-into-boris-jo
hnsons-tube-ticket-office-closures-a3338791.html

The TfL home page says nothing about this. I think that the management
would be devastated if the decision were reversed.
Also, the Tube management has done an extraordinary "damned memory"
job on the old ticket offices; in most stations it is impossible to
tell that a ticket office was ever there, it's just perfect tiling.

"Perfect tiling" is the last thing it is at Blackhorse Road. A bloody
ghastly incoherent mess is what it is.

London Travelwatch are conducting the review and I expect they will
take a pretty robust view on all this. They don't like reductions in
customer facing facilities.

My limited use of the tube usually has few or no staff visible in
ticket halls and certainly no help at ticket machines. All that has
happened is that staff numbers have reduced considerably and the
ability to assist the public has reduced. Just look at the Period 5
Financial Report in the most recent Board Papers and look at the drop
in FTE numbers. Huge reduction in LU as a consequence of the policy to
close ticket offices.

Not my experience at Tottenham Hale. I found staff easily enough when I got
overcharged on a trip to there, with backup from the office as needed. In
the end I had to go to the Oyster helpline but they sorted it.

--
Colin Rosenstiel