Old September 30th 16, 05:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Roastmasters. The worst?

On 2016-09-30 15:34:43 +0000, Paul Corfield said:

Oh well nice to see I am not alone in finding Roastmasters nausea
inducing heaps. I refuse to use them so my central London travels and
bus usage have fallen off a cliff as a result. Still I am in the
position to make that choice but many people are not.

I know you don't like the physical bus, on which I differ, but I don't
get the arguments about fare evasion. The operating method of a bus is
totally separate, once you take the rear platform and conductor out,
from what the bus looks like. TfL could decide tomorrow that they will
revert them to "on at the front, off at the back", just as they could
do with bendies and rigid single deckers if they wished. Indeed, the
door all the way at the rear would make that style of operation work
better than other buses, as people will happily move down if they don't
think they'll get blocked from getting off by crowds.

Neil
--
Neil Williams