Old October 1st 16, 07:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london
tim... tim... is offline

Default Another one bites the dust

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
In message , at 15:50:54 on Fri, 30 Sep 2016,
tim... remarked:

and observation.

can't observe something you have never been near

By your own admission you probably wouldn't know if you've been near one,
because you wouldn't have noticed.

I didn't say that I absolutely wouldn't have noticed.

I was/still am disagreeing with your assertion that I am somehow deficient
of normal human abilities if I didn't.

My argument is that most people wont notice unless they are made aware that
it might be there (which is where we came in - discussing how the facility
is -marketed - I am disagreeing with the view that just having these pay
points at the airport is sufficient.)

I will repeat, many academic studies have shown this inability of normal
people to notice things.

Just because you think that your have superior abilities in this regard
doesn't make these studies wrong.

tim