Old May 19th 04, 02:27 AM posted to uk.transport.london
CMOT TMPV CMOT TMPV is offline

Default How to Tube to this address?

Once upon a time -- around about 5/18/04 19:10 --
possibly wrote:
"CMOT TMPV" wrote in message
et...
Forbidden Planet
179 Shaftesbury Avenue
London
WC2H 8JR

I'll be coming to the UK again in June/July and my favourite bookstore has
moved to the above address. Where online can I type a London address and
find the nearest Tube stop? And more importantly when I get to the nearest
tube stop, how do I get directions to walk there?

You can put postal codes (and street addresses) into
http://www.streetmap.co.uk

The store is at the eastern end of Shaftesbury Avenue. I would use Leicester
Square tube station. Piccadilly Circus, Covent Garden and Tottenham Court
Road (offering a couple of different lines) are close enough for an easy
walk though, depending from where in London you might be coming and how much
you like walking

Enjoy your trip!

I plan to

Thanks to everyone who replied so quickly!

Cheers,
Eric

--
"Stop Inbreeding -- Ban Country Music" (Bumper Sticker)