Old May 19th 04, 07:16 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Dave Newt Dave Newt is offline

Default Check-in for Eurostar at Waterloo

Barry Salter wrote:
On Tue, 18 May 2004 16:08:19 +0100, Dave Newt
wrote:

Oh and if your train is over an hour late and you need to claim, I
suggest written or photographic evidence - Eurostar customer service
have told outright lies about arrival times to me on at least one
occasion.

Ask the Train Manager (or whatever Eurostar call them) to endorse your
ticket...Failing that, try and find a friendly soul in the main Travel
Centre or Ticket Office at Waterloo to look up the TRUST report for your
train, which they can do from the Train Number on your E* ticket.

The time it happened to me, the train manager made a public announcement
saying "welcome to waterloo. the time is xx.xx, which means that we are
65 minutes late" (which is what all the clocks said). Eurostar's reply
to my claim denied that this happened, and thay claimed that the train
had actually arrived only 55 minutes late.

I would certainly do what you said in future, but on this occasion,
there appeared no reason not to trust them.