Old October 4th 16, 04:41 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Graeme Wall Graeme Wall is offline

Default SNAFU at Marylebone

On 04/10/2016 17:09, Anna Noyd-Dryver wrote:
Graeme Wall wrote:
On 04/10/2016 15:41, Basil Jet wrote:
On 2016\10\04 13:26, Graeme Wall wrote:

Faces the wrong way, up trains have to reverse into the siding, then
reverse into the down platform. Also seems to need a pilot man, at
least last time I watched it happening. Presumably it is not a
signalled move,

What about the other sidings?

What about them? They are part of the depot so would still need a
pilotman. Additionally access is only from the down line so you still
have to reverse the up train into the reversing siding first to access them.

Why would access to a depot need a pilotman?

Of course it wouldn't, I was thinking there'd be passengers on board
which, of course, there wouldn't be.

--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.