Old October 11th 16, 02:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default Battersea extension

wrote:
On Tue, 11 Oct 2016 14:13:00 +0100
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 13:02:39 on Tue, 11 Oct
2016, d remarked:

I don't think there will be PEDs. But why would the trains need extra
kit if PEDs are fitted?

I just assumed there needs to be some kit in the train to tell the door
mechanism that its arrived and fully stopped. I can't see how you'd get the
2nd part of that accurate enough just by using some sort of passive sensor.

If the teething troubles they had with the JLE were correctly reported,
most of the PED-synching is down to the driver's skills, rather than
technology.

Its ATO. However there still needs to be something to tell the platform doors
to open when the train doors open and I assume its some bit of NFC kit on the
train.

The Jubilee is ATO now, but wasn't when the JLE opened.

I think the PEDs are operated by the signalling system.