Old October 12th 16, 09:13 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Robin[_4_] Robin[_4_] is offline

Default More river crossings

On 12/10/2016 02:45, Recliner wrote:
Offramp wrote:
On Tuesday, 11 October 2016 17:03:14 UTC+1, Recliner wrote:
Offramp wrote:
It looks like the garden bridge is going to wither and die. That
£45,000,000 worth of prime compost will have to be sent to the EU.

More on the Garden Bridge. It seems Cameron was the ultimate backer:

An opponent of the Garden Bridge said how the amount of money spent on it
so far is the equivalent of TWO Millennium (Wobbly) bridges!

Yes, I think that's right. Now, whether it gets built or not, it will be a
model of how *not* to do public sector procurements.

I suggest it will be more a model of how not to let "national treasures"
drive policies. Joanna Lumley stitched up Ministers so thoroughly over
letting gurkhas come to the UK[1] that I don't blame them from heading
for the bunkers when she backed another vanity project.

There are times I ponder the Treasury having power to task 00 agents

[1] Something the military and civil service had grave reservations
about all along because - as we have seen - the law of unintended
consequences has a wide reach.

--
Robin