Old October 13th 16, 08:58 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default Scrapping old District train plans

Walter Briscoe wrote:
I asked the TfL customer service centre about the schedule for replacing
D78 stock. I am interested as it will cause the Tube Map to change.
Stations such as Upminster and Elm Park will be step free to train,
rather than step free to platform. I've just had a prompt email, which I
quote:
We now run about 125Â*newÂ*trains onÂ*theÂ*District line and 10 of the old
ones. We'll probably keep theÂ*old onesÂ*until May 2017.

I am surprised that the schedule has gone from one train per week.

I thought the D stock was all due to be replaced by the end of 2016?