Old October 13th 16, 01:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Battersea extension

In message , at 13:07:52 on Thu, 13 Oct
2016, d remarked:
On Thu, 13 Oct 2016 11:58:38 +0100
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 10:44:07 on Thu, 13 Oct
2016,
d remarked:
My company is registered several hundred miles from me, and mail is
forwarded, specifically beause of stalking.

That's an understandable move once you have become a victim. I presume

Its an understandable move before you become a victim, specifically
to prevent
it.

Not unless you expect loads of outraged customers coming to beating on
your door. And you don't "prevent yourself being stalked", like catching
a cold it 'just happens'. Hiding your address is only going to thwart a

Stalking doesn't "just happen". Even nutters don't pick a random person to
stalk, there's always a reason.

Precisely so. If someone wants to stalk you they'll do irregardless of
an accommodation address on your email domain.

And if they can't find your address or where you work then there's
really not a lot they can do other than bother you online which unless
you're a 13 year old girl or some hopeless bedwetter is an irrelevance.

They can do vastly more. Which is why knowing the address is down in the
noise level.