Old May 19th 04, 06:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Annabel Smyth Annabel Smyth is offline

Default How to Tube to this address?

On Tue, 18 May 2004 at 22:57:13, CMOT TMPV
wrote:

Forbidden Planet
179 Shaftesbury Avenue
London
WC2H 8JR

I'll be coming to the UK again in June/July and my favourite bookstore has
moved to the above address. Where online can I type a London address and
find the nearest Tube stop? And more importantly when I get to the nearest
tube stop, how do I get directions to walk there?

Thank you for that! I wondered where it had gone. Also try Murder One
which has a huge sf department in its basement, in Charing Cross Road.

The website you want is http://www.tfl.gov.uk, and click on the link
marked "Journey Planner". This will tell you how to get from your
starting point to where you are going, if that makes sense.

I wrote the store via email over two weeks ago and didn't hear back. They
probably don't deserve my custom, but, well, I need to buy books and bring
the back home

Murder One (I think it's something like , but I
could be wrong) is much better!
--
Annabel Smyth
Website updated 9 May 2004