Old October 18th 16, 11:02 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] spud@potato.field is offline

Default Taxi drivers protest outside TfL

On Tue, 18 Oct 2016 11:52:39 +0100
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 10:37:37 on Tue, 18 Oct
2016, d remarked:

Endangering Taxi drivers with irresponsible rear mounted card readers.

Huh? Wtf is dangerous about a card reader?

Perhaps it puts the driver into contact with the passenger - not always
a good idea.

You can see them in lots of black cabs now. They're mounted in the passenger
compartment and look like the standard type you get in shops. I would expect -
if the system has been implemented properly - that the driver has some button
or whatever on his meter to initiate the card reader. I can't see he'd need
to touch it himself (and if he did it he'd need to be a contortionist to do it!)
Or get out and go around the back. Which seems unlikely to me.

--
Spud