Old October 18th 16, 11:19 AM posted to uk.transport.london
David Walters David Walters is offline

Default Taxi drivers protest outside TfL

On Tue, 18 Oct 2016 10:37:37 +0000 (UTC), d wrote:
On Tue, 18 Oct 2016 10:49:55 +0100
David Walters wrote:
On Tue, 18 Oct 2016 08:34:29 +0000 (UTC),
Lots of noise and blocked traffic when I walked past yesterday in Southwark.
Anyone know what they're protesting about this week? Is it Uber, fares, or
they just don't like TfL in general?

There was a leaflet picture tweeted at
https://twitter.com/blacktaxicab/sta...30762549383168

Some of it sounds reasonable - if true, which is a big if - but others...

Cutting Taxi earnings by up to five percent, on card transactions.

I bet thats the card companies skimming their commission and nothing to do
with TfL.

I'm not sure if it has happened already or not but TfL want the fare
paid to be the same regardless of cash or card with no surcharge.
https://tfl.gov.uk/info-for/media/pr...y-london-taxis