Old October 18th 16, 02:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default Battersea extension

Paul Corfield wrote:
On Tue, 11 Oct 2016 08:51:59 +0000 (UTC), d wrote:

Just curious - does anyone know what form the architecture will take, will it
be like the JLE, crossrail or something completely new? Also I presume the 2
new stations will have platform doors too which I imagine will mean some new
kit on the trains - unless its already installed.

The stations are being designed in line with the TfL Design Idiom.

http://content.tfl.gov.uk/station-design-idiom-2.pdf

Look at the references to "2015 palette" and this will give a clue as
to what the new stns will look like in terms of their finish.

They are fairly basic in their design with minimal clutter and
complication and from the artists impressions I have seen look fairly
unremarkable. Don't expect them to be icons of architectural
brilliance.

There is a project page at
https://tfl.gov.uk/travel-informatio...line-extension

and a link from that page to loads of documents. I can't readily find
the artists impressions of the stations I've seen but they may be
somewhere on the project / documents pages.

We do know that the developer of BPS has changed their designs for the
over station development which has caused design changes in the tube
station. We also know that there is a "commercial discussion" ongoing
about who pays for what. LU was previously on schedule before the
developer changed their mind and the project is now umpteen weeks
late.

No idea about PEDs but I suspect they may not be installed at just two
stations - quite a complication to add on a large line plus we do not
yet know who will build the extra "compatible" 95 and 96 stock trains
for expanded services on the Northern and Jubilee Lines. We also
don't know if the door spacings will be identical to existing stock or
not. Even a marginal difference could present issues with PEDs but
obviously LU would want to minimise any such problems.

I thought that one of the requirements for the new stock was that it was
externally identical to the current 95TS trains (including the cabs, so
drivers didnt need special training), but that they use modern technology
below the floor?