Old October 18th 16, 04:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] hounslow3@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Taxi drivers protest outside TfL

On 2016-10-18 14:30:43 +0000, d said:

A program is only non tamperable until someone finds a way to tamper
with it.
And of course you have to be happy for a company like Uber to have all
your
details. Personally I'd rather not give mine to such a slimey operator.

My experience is that Uber is orders of magnitude less "slimey" than a
great many taxi drivers, both of private hire and of Hackney carriages
outside London.

The Hackney carriage drivers in Milton Keynes are particularly
disreputable. Anyone with any sense ignores them and uses one of the
private hire operators who behave much better.

Neil

That, unfortunately, is my experience of Hackney carriage drivers in
London.

I had a particularly bad experience with one a few years back. He was
rude and swearing about how all of London is being ruined, spoke poorly
about immigrants and people of colour.

He was also rude when I paid him. When I get out, I told him that it was
very poor service, after which he started to get extremely angry and
yelled at me not to speak to him that way, and that he was going to get
me, etc. etc.