Old October 21st 16, 08:45 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] spud@potato.field is offline

Default Battersea extension

On Thu, 20 Oct 2016 18:56:06 -0500
wrote:
In article ,
d () wrote:

On Wed, 19 Oct 2016 18:39:46 -0500
wrote:
GTO electronics are seriously obsolete which could, I suspect, make
obtaining further sets quite hard. Note that some Networkers have had
their GTO controls replaced by Hitachi.

Surely if a manufacturer builds a train with a working life probably
exceeding at least 30 years then then should either guarantee a supply of
parts for that time period or suffer penalties such as swallowing the cost
of train upgrades if they can't? Even car manufacturers I believe are
by law required to be able to supply parts for their vehicles for a
minimum of 10 years in the USA & EU.

ROFL!

Well that was informative.

--