Old October 24th 16, 08:50 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Taxi drivers protest outside TfL

In message , at 19:32:48 on Sun, 23
Oct 2016, Neil Williams remarked:
Only had one dispute, too (a classic failure of 'the knowledge')
where a driver added the cost of short-term parking at Birmingham
Airport to the fare, despite me having been given a fixed quote by
the minicab firm. As it was about the same as the tip I'd have given
him anyway, we parted company with him getting the parking fee and no tip.

Could well be a failure of the company who should have added it onto
the quote.

Yes, the failure of the cab company's "knowledge" that the pickup at
Birmingham airport has a fee.