Old October 24th 16, 02:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Basil Jet[_4_] Basil Jet[_4_] is offline

Default Platform indicators at north end of picc finally working

On 2016\10\24 09:41, d wrote:
It only took them 20 years to get the descibers to actually give the time
until the next train from cockfosters instead of no indication at all until
1 minute before a train showed up. Obviously all their rocket scientists were
busy elsewhere.

The software is poorly specified. At Aldgate East eastbound you can hear
the trains coming a few seconds after they appear on the display. Since
most people are not going past Barking, most people don't care if the
next train is a H&C or a District, but it would be nice to know if some
sort of train was coming in the next fifteen minutes. Countdown on bus
stops guesses the order that various buses will arrive in, despite the
fact that they can overtake each and change order, so I don't see why
the Underground indicators have to stay tight-lipped until trains have
got through converging junction. I wonder if the software can be changed
without changing hardware?

I'd like Picc W/B indicators to use their three rows thus...

Acton T @@ H'row T5 @@ H'row T4 @@ Rayners/Uxb
1m 3m 5m @@ 1m 5m 9m @@ 3m 11m 19m @@ 7m 15m 23m
rious delays on the Central Line...Victoria Line normal after earl