Old October 26th 16, 09:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default Broken Rail Outside Marylebone Station

Robin9 wrote:

Today I got caught up in this:

http://tinyurl.com/jpo5lja

I arrived at Marylebone with 30 minutes in hand to catch
the 10.40 train to Birmingham. My destination was Banbury.
The information desk clerk said no trains were running at all
and that my ticket would be accepted at Paddington.

So I caught a Plymouth train and changed at Reading where a
Cross Country train, all four coaches of it, took me to Banbury.
I wasn't in any great hurry and I enjoyed the diversion.

The return journey with Chiltern Railways was held up at
Gerrards Cross and then outside Marylebone because with
only one track in use, a contra-flow arrangement was being
operated.

Despite the kerfuffle, I enjoyed the journeys although both
Chiltern and Cross Country need longer trains.

This is the offending broken rail:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cvrw5nFX...jpg&name=large