Old October 27th 16, 07:31 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_3_] Recliner[_3_] is offline

Default Broken Rail Outside Marylebone Station

Offramp wrote:
On Wednesday, 26 October 2016 21:37:08 UTC+1, Robin9 wrote:

Despite the kerfuffle, I enjoyed the journeys although both
Chiltern and Cross Country need longer trains.

I've always wanted to take a Metropolitan Line replacement bus for the
Bucks end of the line, say North Harrow to Chesham. I bet that that is really enjoyable!

Another option is to take the number 730 Carousel bus from Chesham to
Uxbridge, via Amersham, Gerrards Cross (yes, over the Tesco tunnel) and
Denham. It's a remarkably rural ride between two LU stations. Bus passes
are valid, but Oyster cards are not. Needless to say, the rural bus service
is much less frequent than the trains.