Old October 28th 16, 04:47 PM
Robin9 Robin9 is offline
Senior Member

Location: Leyton, East London
Default GMB Take On Uber And Win!

I admit I'm surprised. When the GMB Union announced
they intended to bring a Court case against Uber for
denying GMB members normal workers' rights, I thought
GMB had no chance. Clearly, I was wrong:

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/news/...cid=spartandhp

I suspect this will have more impact on those minicab firms
who cater solely for the account market and who insist their
drivers work stipulated hours, wear suits and ties, and drive
the cab firm's own cars. I've always wondered why HMRC
went along with the idea that those drivers were self-employed.