Old October 29th 16, 07:34 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default GMB Take On Uber And Win!

In message , at 18:47:49 on Fri, 28
Oct 2016, Robin9 remarked:
I admit I'm surprised. When the GMB Union announced

they intended to bring a Court case against Uber for

denying GMB members normal workers' rights, I thought

GMB had no chance. Clearly, I was wrong:

http://tinyurl.com/hetcmef

I suspect this will have more impact on those minicab firms

who cater solely for the account market and who insist their

drivers work stipulated hours, wear suits and ties, and drive

the cab firm's own cars. I've always wondered why HMRC

went along with the idea that those drivers were self-employed.

Uber, on the other hand, have stuck their head in the sand and said the
ruling only applies to the two drivers who brought the case.

And they wonder why people think so little of their practices.