Old October 30th 16, 11:40 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default GMB Take On Uber And Win!

On 2016-10-30 08:47:16 +0000, Roland Perry said:

Does that mean I have to give my self-employed window cleaner some
holiday pay if he asks (on top of the monthly fee)?

No, as he has to arrange that for himself.

The issue with self-employment is not with someone who very clearly is
running a sole-trader business like window cleaners often do. They
clearly have multiple customers, and clearly control their own business
- they have the absolute discretion, for instance, to take or not take
a given booking.

It gets cloudier when "self employed" people have only one customer,
e.g. many IT consultants, or when the "employer" like Uber is in
tighter control of when they work.

Neil
--
Neil Williams