Old October 30th 16, 12:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london
D A Stocks[_2_] D A Stocks[_2_] is offline

Default GMB Take On Uber And Win!

On 2016-10-30 11:07:20 +0000, tim... said:

Penalising drivers for not accepting offers is a pretty dumb thing for
Uber to do (it's not clear to me why the MO requires it [1])

Quite. I never knew they did, and it seems very stupid to me. I thought
the idea with Uber was that you work when you want, and if not enough
people are working to serve the demand you simply encourage more onto the
road by upping the price (hence surge pricing).

Maybe they're 'leaning' on their drivers in order to get a minimum level of
service up and running?

Uber launched in Brighton and Hove on Friday: when I looked for a car home
from the statiuon on Friday the app said 'No cars available', and I have
just got the same message now (13:10 on Sunday) at home in central Brighton.

--
DAS