Old October 31st 16, 09:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default GMB Take On Uber And Win!

On 2016-10-31 08:03:47 +0000, tim... said:

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
In message , at 11:07:20 on Sun, 30 Oct
2016, tim... remarked:

There are plenty of SE people subbing for companies with a national
brand name to uphold (think window fitters, for example) where it seems
reasonable for the major to dictate the presentational details of "how"
the job is done, once the subbie has accepted the job. The reputation
of the brand has an interest in that.

If your brand is commonly known as Carpet-Wrong, what do you have to protect?

just because you can find one example doesn't mean that it's the norm

And to be fair, said company fitted my carpet (one of two pieces of
work on my house I haven't done myself, the other being the front door
because fitting was next to free when ordering a custom-size composite
door from the company I chose) cheaply and perfectly well. It is a
budget company so you have to manage your expectations accordingly
(like if you fly Eireflop or shop at Lidl) but that isn't in itself an
issue.

Neil
--
Neil Williams